Meals this week were super simple, and mostly because I knew we would be camping over the weekend and I didn’t want to have a ton of leftovers left in the fridge while we were gone all weekend. So, I kept it simple with a Cheesy Chicken Fajita Bake. I tried to keep it even healthier and did more of a chicken fajita bowl with it with rice and sliced lettuce. For Mo, we wrapped hers in a tortilla like a chicken burrito and she was content with it! This was the only NEW recipe I tried last week. On Wednesday night we had egg roll in a bowl which I’ve shared previously on IG but figured I would include this time around too. Cheesy Chicken Fajita Bake recipe and Egg Roll in a Bowl below!
Cheesy Chicken Fajita Bake
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 1/2 packet fajita seasoning (honestly though, I would’ve used the whole thing)
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 large bell peppers sliced
- 2 cups Mexican blend grated cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese block (softened)
- Preheat oven to 375
- 9×13 dish, greased
- Place chicken in baking dish
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, fajita seasoning, salsa and grated cheese together
- Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the chicken
- Add the sliced bell peppers on top
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on how thick the chicken breasts are)
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey (but last week we tried it with ground bison and we loved it)
- 12 oz shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tblspn sesame oil
- 1/2 cup green onions for garnish
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, ginger and soy sauce
- In a large skillet brown the meat over medium high heat
- Add the shredded cabbage or slaw and stir to combine
- Add the sauce mixture to the slaw and meat. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Garnish with green onions.
- Serve over rice
I make the Egg Roll in a Bowl easily once every 1-2 weeks. It’s not really something Mo likes so I try to make it on evenings we don’t have he, but it’s great for any type of meal prep which is perfect for Dillon when he’s working – easy on the go! For more easy and/or kid tested and approved meals, I have a recipe highlight on my IG where I keep everything so they are always accessible. I also try to post what our meal plans for the week every Monday! Not only does it help me stay organized for the week, but it also helps with only needing to go to the grocery store once a week.
Next post will focus on how we get ourselves prepped and organized for camping. I’ve been building some useful checklists the last couple of years to help keep us organized so I’m exploring ways to capture those lists in downloadable PDFs so anyone can access them! And, we’ve been trying to up our cooking game while we camp so I’m excited to share what we did for meals last weekend!